Helping People Find & Follow God
What are we doing?
Helping people find and follow God.
1. Finding God happens when a person trusts Jesus as Savior.
2. Following God happens as a person increasingly responds to Jesus as Lord.
Why are we doing it?
People / Because people matter to God, and everybody needs the gospel. Compassion for people compels us.
Eternity / Because people are created to live forever, and eternal destinies are at stake. Heaven and hell are real.
Grace / Because legalism sucks the joy out of finding and following God.
Truth / Because we are ruined by the lies we believe and set free by the truths we receive.
Cross / Because Christ’s sacrifice is worthy of our devotion. The love of Christ compels us.
Strategy / How are we doing it? (our operational logic, and pattern of participation). By fusing grace-oriented teaching with environments of worship, acceptance, service, and love.
These environments walk people down a four-step strategic pathway.
1. God saves you. / “You must be born again.” -John 3:3
2. God blesses you. / “Blessed with every spiritual blessing.” -Ephesians 1:3
3. God grows you. / “A mature person, to the stature of Christ.” -Ephesians 4:13
4. God uses you. / “Go into all the world and preach the gospel.” -Mark 16:15
How do we know when we’re successful?
Profession / I profess my faith in Christ.
Baptism / I go public through baptism.
Security / I rest in
Identity / I am discovering my riches in Christ.
Connection / I participate in a group, class, quiet time, or ministry team.
Growth / As I grow in grace through Scripture and prayer, I increase in wisdom, love, healing, victory and my sense of self in Christ.
Investment / I sacrificially invest my time, talents, and treasure in helping people find and follow God.