God Saves You
heaven given among men by which we must be saved.” (Acts 4:12)
This is the Icon.
- It’s red, and it has the rising sun inside it.
- It’s red to remind you of the blood of Christ. It is his death on the Cross that saves you.
- It’s a triangle to remind you of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. The whole Trinity is planned and made possible your salvation.
- It has a rising sun inside it to remind you of the day that new
light,and new life dawned inside your heart
God Blesses You
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ. (Ephesians 1:3)
God blesses you.
His riches are your riches.
His rights are your rights.
His name is your name.
- God has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ.
- On the day you were saved, God gave you
a huge mountainsof blessings. You didn’t feel it or see it, but all of a sudden, you were dressed for a wedding, and you became the richest person you know.
- Before you did one little thing for Jesus, God blessed you.
- These blessings give you everything you need for every thing you will ever face in your whole life.
- For every test, for every emergency, for every problem, for every benefit, for every relationship, for every worry and fear.
- God can’t bless you any more than he has already blessed you in Christ.
- Your problem is never that God hasn’t blessed you.
- Your problem is that you don’t know the blessing God has already given you.
- He has blessed you with SECURITY… once you’re saved, you’re always saved.
- He has blessed you with a new IDENTITY… all those horrible labels that life has stuck on you — stupid, failure, ugly, worthless, unwanted… God peeled them off, and he’s put new labels on you… and he calls you Beautiful, Capable, Powerful, and Good. Learn that stuff. It’s all in the Bible.
- He has blessed you with PRIVILEGES like Bible study and prayer.
- I talked to a guy who hated himself, and who didn’t believe God loved him. He was saved, but after that, he just thought he was a big failure.
- I said, DO you know what you need? You need grace rehab. You have years of craziness wired into your brain. You need to get untangled. You need grace rehab, and God loves you enough to help you with that. And so do we.
- You can’t expect holiness on the outside until grace has taken hold on the inside.
- Before you get busy for Jesus…
- Before you start serving Jesus…
- Before you give stuff to Jesus…
- Before you do stuff to Jesus…
- Sit down and learn what he’s done for you.
- And settle it once for all, deep inside your soul, that you don’t serve God for blessing, you only serve God from blessing.
- This step is for you…
- If you struggle with your self-confidence.
- If you still
worrywhether you can lose your salvation.
- If your past wounds and traumas dominate your life…
- Then look for the Blue Icons, when they come up in our
because those events and groups are designed especially for you. church,
God Grows You
It’s green to remind you of growth.
It shows an arrow God’s wisdom, God’s power, and God’s grace, coming down from heaven, going through you, and back up to God.
Here’s the key verse:
- “So now, brethren, I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. (Acts 20:32)
- God is raising up a tribe of spiritual
- People who have grit and toughness to handle what life throws at them.
- People who can give love.
- People who can receive love.
- People who can rise above the messed up value system of a world gone made.
- People who can defeat dysfunction and overcome addiction.People who don’t fall for the devil’s lies.
- People who know that they are who God says they are, no matter what anybody else says about them.
- We need mature men and women. Mature students in junior high, high school, and college. We need mature people in shops and stores and factories and on the job site.
- Just because you’re saved it doesn’t mean you have arrived.
- The goal of Spiritual Growth is to make you like Jesus.
- Not that you dress and speak like him.
- But that you have the character he has, and the strength he has, and the courage he has…
- You’ve got spiritual muscle because you’ve committed yourself to spiritual growth.
- It’s hugely important in the Bible. Too many sermonettes for Christianettes.
- God Saves you, you do that once and you’re done.
- God Blesses you, you do that for a little while after you’re saved and you move on.
- But this, one, the green one, God grows you… this one is huge. You spend your whole life here. You never outgrow your need for growth. God is that big. The gospel is
that amazing. The wisdom of God is so big that you can never use it all up.
- Lights your way.
- Builds your muscle.
- Feeds your spirit.
- Restores your soul.
- Guides your choices.
- Ensures your prosperity.
- Heals your dysfunctions.
- Ends your confusion.
- Breaks your addictions.
- Defeats the devil.
- And rewires your mind so that you think like Christ.
- Because you can’t live like Christ until you think like Christ, and you can’t think like Christ without the Bible.
- Don’t stay a rookie. Don’t stay stuck at the kiddie table. Grow up.
- This is for you if…
- You need to be instructed in the deep things of God in Scripture.
- It’s for you if you need life-equipping resources, for your dating, or marriage, or finance, or any part of your life.
- We have life groups. We have classes. We have
- Look for the Green Icon, because those events are to help you grow.
God Uses You
yellow,because you’re thinking the sunshine of God’s love into a very dark world.
- And it shoes a boot
print,because you’re leaving tracks of grace wherever you go.
- Here’s the key verse:
- “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:16, NKJV)
- The only reason you are here today is
because somebodytold you about Jesus. Somebody answered your questions. Somebody prayed for you. Somebody invited you to Neighborhood Church.
- God used those awesome people in your life.
- And now God wants to you use you in somebody else’s life.
- This is where you discover your spiritual gifts and superpowers.
- This is where you volunteer for stuff.
- This is where God uses you through prayer, and through giving, and through a generous spirit in the world.
- Once a person is saved, and knows they are blessed and grows up a little bit, then God wants to use you in mighty ways.
- For what?
- To help other people find the treasure you found when you found Christ.
- This is the blueprint. In God’s glorious plan, every Christian becomes an Ambassador of Grace. The world is dying. The world is lost. Without Jesus, this life is needlessly hard… and the life to come is unspeakably horrible.
- Yet you have found the wellsprings of infinite grace, and your life is part of God’s never-ceasing labor to win the world to Jesus.
- Let your light shine at your school. Let your light shine at your job. Let your light shine in your crazy family tree. Let your light shine in your neighborhood.
- We have amazing ways to get involved…
- You can help in the coffee bar. You can host a life group. You can work with kids in Awana and senior high and junior high and young adults. You can sing and play on the worship team. You can help with landscaping and building. We’re already planning for Christmas, and you can help us. We have an incredible ministry called Respite Care where we basically give a night out for moms and dads with special needs children. God uses the people of Neighborhood in the mission, in shelters, in every business, in every school, and in every part of our community.
- God is using you.
- Because lost people matter to God, and he wants them found.
- But don’t do it because you think it will make God love you… get involved because you’re so excited that God already loves you that you can’t hold it in