Christian baptism is, according to the Bible, an outward testimony of what has occurred inwardly in a believer’s life.
What is Baptism?
- Baptism is a step for people who are saved to follow Christ’s example of being baptized in water in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- An outward testimony of what is occurring inwardly in a believer’s life.
Who can be baptized?
- A person who is saved (placing their faith in Jesus Christ as their only hope for salvation).
- A person who is Jr. High age or older. We have this requirement in place to make sure the person understands the meaning of baptism and makes the personal choice to be baptized.
Why would I be baptized?
- Baptism is the next step in obedience as a person follows God.
- Christ demonstrated the example (Matthew 3:13-17)
- Christ commanded us to follow him in baptism (Matthew 28:19)
How do I get baptized?
- At Neighborhood, we require those seeking to be baptized attend a baptism class. The class explains what baptisms is and isn’t, why baptism is important, and has each person share their testimony in a small group. Once a person has attended the class, they are scheduled for baptism.
- To sign up for a baptism class, contact Pastor Gordon to sign up for an upcoming baptism class – email@example.com
Still have questions?
- Contact Pastor Gordon – firstname.lastname@example.org.